Welcome to House Sitters UK
The UK’s house sitting website dedicated exclusively for UK homeowners and house sitters. House Sitters UK is a meeting place for home owners to find a house and pet sitter, and for house sitters to find house sitting jobs. If you're a homeowner looking for someone to care for your house please scroll the 'Sitters Available' in the House Sitters UK menu for FREE and contact them directly.
Homeowners are also able to advertise for FREE and have house sitters contact them - click for your Free Homeowner Ad.
Homeowners! Are you planning on being away from your house for a period of time in the future? There is no better way for you to gain peace of mind than by having a house sitter care for your home, garden and pets while you are away. If you're a homeowner looking for someone to care for your house and/or pets please scroll the 'Sitters Available' in the House Sitters UK menu for FREE and contact them directly.
House sitters! Are you sick of paying rent? Want to save for that something special? Do you enjoy gardening or love animals? Want to explore all that the UK has to offer? If so, then house sitting is definitely for you.
Click for your House Sitter Registration here.
Once registered you can create your house sitter profile where homeowners can find you and contact you directly. Registered members can also contact any of the homeowner adverts that are advertised on the website.
What is House Sitting?
House sitting is where you live in a person's home for an agreed period of time while they are away. In return you take care of their property and do any household jobs needed such as pet care, garden maintenance, forwarding mail etc. House sitting jobs take place all over the United Kingdom and can be either a short term stay of a weekend or up to a year or longer.
The benefits of house sitting...
For the homeowner -
- Security - not leaving your house unoccupied and susceptible to a break in.
- Peace of mind - knowing your house and garden are being cared for.
- Happy pets – pets can stay in the comfort of their own home while you are away.
- Save money – no expensive pet boarding fees!
- No asking friends /family – no uncomfortable feelings of burdening friends, family or neighbours to mow lawns, water plants, check mailboxes, feed and exercise pets while you are away.
- Reliable mail collection – You have someone in your home every day able to collect and redirect mail, and take any important phone messages.
For the house sitter -
- No rent – You can save a bundle by not paying a fortune in rent.
- Explore the UK – You can travel while you house sit without paying for accommodation.
- Enjoy time with animals – You can spend time caring for people’s often very cute and much loved pets while they are away.
- Have some time out- Take a break from everyday life and find some time to relax and explore the local area.
- Start a project – Enjoy the opportunity to start a creative project, like a novel or find time to paint every day without distraction.
- The opportunity to experience and explore different types of housing, locations and lifestyles.
- Job satisfaction – You can enjoy that satisfying feeling knowing that you are helping someone by caring for their home while they are away.